To finish the year, I have been nominated to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I have The Cooking Chook, a fellow Aussie, foodie and definitely inspiring blogger herself, to thank for this lovely moment of feel goodyness. So thankyou very much Chookie! I feel a bit humble that people actually want to read my little bits & peices, but to recieve a blogging community award makes me feel a bit chuffed and definitely inspires me to keep going.
Now, in the spirit of this award, I must:
- tell you 7 things about myself and
- nominate other inspiring bloggers to receive this award
- and of course, post the award on my blog and thank the person who nominated me.
So, 7 things about me (this is hard by the way):
- Although I am Australian, I spent several years of my childhood living in Asia, an experience which has had a major impact on my life. I am often grateful that I had that opportunity and despite the difficulties of moving around and changing schools, I would never wish to have given up that experience.
- I’m a nailbiter. This goes way back to my childhood, further than I can remember. I’m in two minds about this – at one stage I got hypnotherapy to stop, because my young daughter started copying me. It worked, I stopped, she stopped, but then over the years I started it up again. I think it was when I went to uni as a mature age student. It would be nice to stop again, I might try.
- I don’t like shopping. Well not very often anyway. About twice a year I might be in the mood & go out & get a pile of stuff, but most of the time I just don’t like it. Its definitely not on my to-do list when I travel or go on holidays.
- I don’t like soft drinks. I never really have, even as a kid. I used to complain that the bubbles hurt my throat – weird kid I know, but that definitely hasn’t stopped me loving champagne now.
- I sleep-walk, sleep-talk and have the craziest dreams ever, which I often remember and recount to TC. Thankfully I haven’t walked in my sleep for a few years (as far as I know) but TC tells me I still talk a lot. Thank goodness he is pretty much deaf! One of my daughters inherited this trait and I used to live in fear that she would let her self out of the house at night & go wandering.
- I am both a cat-person and a dog-person. I love both these kinds of pets and would happily have either. We currently have a beautiful black pussycat with a personality all her own, who lives back in Australia with family until we get back. If they don’t kill her first.
- I’ve always wanted to learn how to sing. I love to sing but am very bad at it – seriously bad – I insist on miming whenever I’m expected to sing in a group. Although, I do sing happy birthdays in family gatherings with gusto, they probably all hate me for that! I must remember to put this higher on my to-do list.
And now, the bloggers that I have found inspiring lately and would like to nominate to receive The Inspiring Blogger Award are:
The Drunken Cyclist – cycles and not only drinks, but knows a lot about, wine. What more do you need.
Three Hundred Sixty Five – I love the idea and the dedication in writing a post a day for a year. Not to mention I love her writing.
Jennovafoodblog – This active lady used her knowledge of nutrition to try to make the world a better place
Sightsbitsandbites – a ‘returning cook’ like me, finding their way back into the kitchen
Mayasingredients – makes food lovers drool
Alex’s Cycle – all about his cycle touring, love reading about this definitely getting ideas
Shebicycles – more lovely women on bikes, and with beautiful bike photos
I have stopped at 7 nominations because in my blog reading, I came across some awardees with instructions to nominate 7, and some with instructions to nominate 15 other bloggers. Unfortunately because of time constraints (I now have to go & pack a bag for our New Years trip to Nice) and I won’t be back online until later in the week, I am going to go with the 7+7 set of rules for this one (7 things about me, 7 new nominations).
If you are having a celebration tomorrow, then I hope its a good one and you have a lot of fun. See you all in the new year!!