Thought I’d better find out what all the fuss was about kale chips (crisps). So now I know – delicious!
Here’s what I did:
- Washed and dried the kale leaves in a spinner.
- Tore the leaves into small, bitesize pieces (removing the tough spine).
- Drizzled with olive oil, then rubbed the oil over all the leaves to ensure they were well covered.
- Spread out in a single layer on a lined baking tray, seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Baked at 180C for 5 – 10min. (Sorry about that wide range – I didn’t actually time it, just kept checking on them. When they started getting the slightest tinge of brown, I whipped them out).
They are very very thin and crispy when cooked. Be prepared to find them as addictive as potato chips! You’ve been warned.